Pulseaudio update issue... [ UPDATE 2 ]

Richard Zidlicky rz at linux-m68k.org
Tue Jan 12 16:19:42 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:07:37AM +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Le Mar 12 janvier 2010 09:29, Richard Zidlicky a écrit :
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 04:10:54PM -0800, Wes Hardaker wrote:
> >
> >> I didn't see anything in that message, however, that lead me to any new
> >> thoughts on what I should test.  I don't have any kernel circular
> >> looping reports like the one shown in the message above.
> >
> > this needs to be enabled at kernel compile time, not sure if it is done
> > in the stock kernel.. somewhere under kernel debugging.
>
> I had the warning for months (if not years) and reported it both in kernel.org
> bugzilla and fedora pulseaudio bugzilla.
>
> I've not seen any activity trying to fix this bug.
>
> Is this a case were everyone is waiting for someone else to investigate ?

it seems even investigated to some degree, just not taken very seriously.

http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/12/7/524
http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/12/8/124

But maybe it is more serious than that? My suspicion is that it crashed compiz
and hanged a few other apps, can anyone else confirm that such things are directly
related to this bug?

Richard