Proposal: fedora-release-rawhide subpackage

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Jan 14 23:40:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:26:39 +0000 (UTC)
Zing <zing at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 09:37:20 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
> > Because it won't be on the live media that many of the install
> > from, or the default groups that would be choosen from the dvd
> > install.
>
> Just FYI, since it seems this is happening anyway, I didn't think
> rawhide was available from an anaconda installation and it isn't (I
> checked the F12 dvd today).   NOTE: Now the live cd... that I don't
> know.

It's not.

However it's present but disabled once you install with any method
currently. All it takes now to enable it is to go in and
edit /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-rawhide.repo and change 'enabled=0' to
'enabled=1'.

In PackageKit, it should show some text when you enable it, but either
the wording is not strong enough, or people are just clicking through
that warning to enable it anyhow.

kevin