Candidate packages for removal due to FTBFS, implications

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 10:23:44 UTC 2010

2010/1/15 Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch at dell.com>:
> Removing geronimo-specs removes these:
> geronimo-specs-compat-0:1.0-2.M2.fc10.x86_64

Eek! I think geronimo-specs-compat is (transitively) needed by a bunch
of other Java packages including maven; on my computer, "yum remove
geronimo-specs" attempts to remove 45 packages (mostly maven-*). The
issue is that geronimo-specs-compat has a bunch of virtual provides
which don't show up in repoquery.

For reference, repoquery --whatrequires --recursive jms jacc jta ejb |
wc -l returns 112 on my computer (F12, x86_64).

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~mef3/
Interaction Lab -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/InteractionLab

Heriot-Watt University is a Scottish charity registered under charity
number SC000278