Orphaning Candidate packages for removal due to FTBFS, implications

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Jan 16 20:54:39 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-16 at 11:08 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Simply blocking the ones which FTBFS bugs were not
> fixed from F-13 inclusion would have been the appropriate response
> (as documented in our procedures), not
> some adhoc almost random response.

We are blocking them.  Every release we round up the orphans and block
them from the release.  Since this practice already existed, it made
sense to orphan the FTBFS packages and give folks a chance to reclaim
them before we block all the orphans, not just the FTBFS ones.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!