Orphaning Candidate packages for removal due to FTBFS, implications

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Sat Jan 16 23:10:17 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 12:47:35AM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Bad idea (says someone who owns 150 packages). I don't feel like
> getting 150 bugzilla mails and having to (mass) close them each
> release.

OK; add a fedora-packager script that mass-closes bugs; or use the
bugzilla web interface to select all bugs owned by you also blocking
the blocker bug, and apply the same change to them all; again in one
fell swoop.  This is solvable.  This may still not be the "best"
approach, but it is possible and doesn't have to be onerous.

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO