Missing multi-lib -debuginfo files.

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Sun Jan 17 13:18:36 UTC 2010

Gilboa Davara wrote:
> I'm trying to debug an issue with 32bit application running on top of
> x86_64 F12 installation. (Using multi-lib i686 RPMs)
> However, debuginfo install doesn't seem to be able to resolve i686
> debuginfo.

That's right. There are only 64-bit debuginfo packages in the 64-bit
repositories. Debuginfo files are arranged in a way that tends to cause
multilib conflicts. The problem is solvable, but currently the only way I know
is to browse the 32-bit repositories until you find the right debuginfo
packages, and download and install them manually.

You might want to read this discussion:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2009-November/040757.html

Björn Persson