Orphaning Candidate packages for removal due to FTBFS, implications

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 18 03:46:18 UTC 2010

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010, Matt Domsch wrote:

> We could easily create a new class of bugzilla ticket, say
> "MAINTAINED".  An automated process would generate such tickets,
> blocking F13MAINTAINED.  The ticket would ask the maintainer to close
> the ticket to remain the owner of the package.  Tickets still open
> after $SOMEDELAY would be candidates for orphan or non-responsive
> maintainer process.  Repeat at $SOMEINTERVAL, perhaps once per release
> cycle (more would be too onerous I think).
>
> With a slight modification, my ftbfs bugzilla script could generate
> the tickets.
>
> Thoughts?

I like the idea. I like it even more if we could make a make-target for
saying "I'm here, shut the hell up" so it can be done easily.

So, for Hans' situation - if he has 150 pkgs - we file a 'MAINTAINED' bug
on any of the pkgs which has not had any change in a full release.

that should narrow the number of bugs he has to deal with, I'd think.

-sv