Orphaning Candidate packages for removal due to FTBFS, implications

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 18 19:04:14 UTC 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010, Tomas Mraz wrote:

> I think there should be at least two conditions which would have to be
> fulfilled for the nagging bug to be created - the package was not
> touched by the maintainer during recent x months and at least one bug is
> opened not closed in the bugzilla on the package.

I disagree about the bug being open. A lack of filed bugs could mean that
no one CARES about the pkg at all. And if we have pkgs which are not being
maintained AND no one cares enough to file a bug about then either they
are:

1. extraordinarily stable
2. dead upstreams
3. unmaintained
4. unusued

in ANY of those cases I'd want to start thinking about nuking the pkg from
fedora.

-sv