ABRT useful for this user

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 22:02:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 01:59:27PM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> I just wanted to say thanks to the guys who integrated ABRT into F12.
> It has rough edges and I know it needs improvement, but I have filed
> more 'bugs' than in many past releases where instead I just let things
> slide. Most of the items I have run into have been fixed and I have
> tried to help the engineers who have asked for info.
>
> Thankyou.

I don't think anyone, including the guys working on ABRT, would claim
it's perfect.  *Except* in that it's 100% better than what we had
before. ;-)

I'm in the same boat as Smooge; ABRT is a huge time saver for me for
filing bugs, which means I can contribute more, even when filing bugs
is really outside my daily work.  That tells me it's a significant
step down the right path.  I know the developers are grateful for
constructive input and want to improve ABRT.  Thanks to *everyone* for
being a part of that process.