My git security experiences

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Jan 21 00:27:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 01:31:45PM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
 > On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 22:20 +0100, Jochen Schmitt wrote:
 > >
 > > I haven't got any error message. But I have expedted to
 > > get one, because I'm not a kernel developer. I'm only a
 > > ordinary provenpackager without any additional access
 > > to the kernel package.
 > >

 > Kernel is open to provenpackager, so it makes sense that you were able
 > to commit to it.
 >
 > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/kernel

Right. We review commits to the cvs tree as the diffs hit the mailing list,
so cluebatting would happen fairly quickly if necessary (though until now,
no-one who wasn't already explicitly approved in the kernel acl
has committed anything afaik).

The git tree commit went unnoticed because the commitdiff hook isn't
wired up yet.

	Dave