Mirrorlist problems?

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Thu Jan 21 03:22:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 08:16:07PM -0600, Andrew McNabb wrote:
> I just installed a new machine with Fedora 12 this evening, and Anaconda
> gave an error about not being able to get the repository metadata.  I
> ended up switching the URL from the default mirrorlist to a specific
> mirror, and the installation worked.  Now that the system is installed,
> I tried to use yum and got the error: "Error: Cannot retrieve repository
> metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: fedora. Please verify its path and
> try again".  Are there any known infrastructure problems right now?
> Thanks.

I presume this is working for you again now?

Do you have IPv6 enabled but not routing properly?  It could be the
libcurl bug.

Do you get a sane XML document from doing this?

$ wget -O - 'http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-12&arch=i386'
or this:
$ wget -4 -O - 'http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-12&arch=i386'

If not, please send me your IP address or catch someone in
#fedora-admin on IRC and we'll try to reproduce the problem.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO