Orphaning xerces-c

Lubomir Rintel lkundrak at v3.sk
Mon Jan 25 14:17:05 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 16:54 +0300, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> 2010/1/25 Lubomir Rintel <lkundrak at v3.sk>:
> > On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 16:15 +0300, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> >> Hello All!
> >> I'm no longer using Xerces-C, so I believe, I can't maintain it
> >> anymore. Feel free to pick it up. Any volunteers?
> >
> > I use it with VirtualBox-OSE (thanks to Xavier for pointing me here). I
> > won't mind picking the package up.
>
> Great.
> Unfortunately, I've got difficulties while releasing ownership (
> https://fedorahosted.org/packagedb/ticket/173 ).

I've seen that once too; I believe it's supposed to be a feature that
reassigns the package to another maintainer when he releases ownership
instead of orphaning, though looks a bit broken.

Looking at the pkgdb page of the package it seems like xavierb is a
maintainer (well, has approveacls powers) as well. Are you sure you want
another maintainer and not just hand the package to xavierb?

--
Flash is the Web2.0 version of blink and animated gifs.
                                     -- Stephen Smoogen