Unable to start X

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon Jan 25 17:16:51 UTC 2010

Hi,

> > TTFN
>
> TTFN? Thanks to F'ing Nobody?

Ta Ta For Now - old English was of signing off. Used normally during times of
war so as not to demoralise those back home.

> > Any ideas on how to get my desktop to boot
>
> I am using Intel driver and I am also unable to get X to boot in
> rawhide. I have tried startx, putting 5 on the kernel boot line in
> grub, etc., to no avail. I get a mouse pointer superimposed on the
> konsole login screen. I can switch to a different virtual console
> and log in on the command line, but no X session.

That's possibly a different issue. Try going back to the 2.6.31 kernels from
koji and you may find things are happy. Somewhere like -81 or -174 should be good.

TTFN

Paul

--
It's only me, only me and no-one else.