F12 to Rawhide upgrade

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Mon Jan 25 22:24:58 UTC 2010

Over the weekend I tried this via yum and the upgrade/install part went
fine.  But once I rebooted, the gui wouldn't work.  Meaning, at the
gdm/login screen, it was garbled.  I downgraded xorg-x11-server-comment
(was 1 or 2 packages total) to the F12 (may have been upgrade/test one)
version, and that got me the login screen (although it didn't show my
username, just "other).  But once at the login screen, my mouse/keyboard
(wireless desktop) wouldn't work at all.  I then aborted and reinstalled
F12.  Nouveau chipset/card for video.

Not big priority to run it, but just wanted to report what I initially
ran into.

Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"