Orphan: Empathy

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Tue Jan 26 05:18:28 UTC 2010

Hi, all.

I've just released ownership of Empathy's Fedora package on all active
branches (F-11, F-12, and devel).

As can be seen from the CVS and in-spec changelogs as well as the storm
of unanswered bug reports for it, I haven't been giving this package
nearly as much care as it deserves (especially considering that it
recently became a default for desktop installs), nor will I be able to
do so in the foreseeable future.

I would like to first apologize sincerely for this lacking on my part;
and I wish the situation were such that I could keep it updated more
fluidly and resolve the bugs in a more timely manner. Unfortunately
that's wishing for more hours in my days that I simply do not have.

As a continued user and fan of Empathy, it is my fervent hope that the
Fedora community continue to maintain it properly. To this, I'd like to
thank Brian Pepple who has been taking great care of it so far in my
stead.

Thanks, and Regards.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42) <peter at thecodergeek.com>