The road to dropping xdvik

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Jan 27 18:11:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 06:04:49PM +0000, Jonathan Underwood wrote:

> However, it's not clear to me if okular and evince-dvi provide
> equivalent functionality that we're yet in a position to drop xdvik.
> Comments? If you use xdvik because other viewers don't give some
> particular functionality, it would be helpful if you stated what that
> functionality is.

I do not know how good the support for this is nowadays in okular, but
xdvi supports to open a tex editor for the source of the currently
viewed area. Afaik okular should support it, too, but maybe only for
pdf. And the last time I tried to use it, I gave up due to lack of
documentation.

Regards
Till