Beware: Thunderbird (ver 3.0.1) CORRUPTS all email state

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Thu Jan 28 14:57:05 UTC 2010

Mike McGrath on 01/28/2010 08:45 AM wrote:
> This one's tricky, what checks could have been in place to prevent this?
> Additional testing may not have worked as some people say they aren't
> seeing the issue.

It (should) be only IMAP users who are affected. Not every TB user is
using IMAP. I see this bug myself (IMAP user).

There have been Firefox updates with bugs in them, too. We were lucky
they have been Windows related. Fast-tracking FF and TB updates as
"security fixes" without QA needs some review, IMHO.