Beware: Thunderbird (ver 3.0.1) CORRUPTS all email state

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jan 29 00:16:24 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 19:04 -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Jesse Keating writes:

> >> If you need to run stable software, Fedora is not the right distro for you.
> >> You should consider switching to RHEL/CentOS, in that case.
> >>

> > Yet we should be striving to maintain stability within our stable
> > releases.  In fact, when we fail to deliver stable updates that's a
> > reason to investigate to see what went wrong.
>
> Agree, still, when something breaks it's not a reason to get emotional.
> Stuff occasionally breaks. There's no need for an editorial, though, when
> that happens. Put all the relevant details into Bugzilla, and post a capsule
> summary in users at .

There was a clear failure in this process, though, which was that the
update was sent straight to updates and did not go through
updates-testing. I can't see any reason why that should be acceptable
for an update to a very popular package which manipulates data that is
obviously important to people (their email). Can a Thunderbird
maintainer please explain why this update did not go through the
updates-testing process?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey