Draft privilege escalation policy for comments

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sat Jan 30 09:52:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 02:27:13PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> Please do provide any and all feedback on the proposed policy. if we can
> get it into a shape which most people on the list would find acceptable,
> my next step will be to take it back to FESco for them to review.
> Thanks.

I don't understand this sentence:
"with the exceptions that the 'cause to be performed' provision is waived
in this case"
maybe it already covers it, but there are more directories a user can
write to then just ~, /tmp, /var/tmp or /usr/tmp, e.g. /dev/shm and with
certain restrictions /var/spool/{cron,mail,cups,at}.

Regards
Till