Would you use a programming language with missing features?

Milos Jakubicek xjakub at fi.muni.cz
Sun Jan 31 00:34:40 UTC 2010

On 31.1.2010 01:24, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

> Anyway, the discussion was good and maybe it is useful to other people too.

:)

Well, really: if you want to change something, file the bugreport, or
get in touch with relevant maintainers. I'm not a tcl/tk/python expert,
but if you think that your request is ligitimate and could be fulfilled,
go ahead and discuss this with the relevant people. Discussion here
might be interesting but doesn't bring much, not every package
maintainer reads the list (unfortunately), and most of them carefully
choose which threads they will follow. They definitely don't read
threads with such a provocative subject (I'd just mark it as read
normally as well) -- be explicit, using something like "build tcl with
thread support" would definitely atract the relevant people more likely.

Regards,
Milos