How about firefox 3.6 in Fedora 12 ?

Wes Shull wes.shull at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 10:34:37 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 1:05 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>wrote:

> Wes Shull wrote:
> > yum --enablerepo=rawhide update firefox
>
> NEVER do that!!!

If you'd taken half a minute to check, you would have seen that it sucks in
a grand total of sqlite and xulrunner.  Yeehaw.

If anything, you should be chastising me for making such an obvious
suggestion.  This is the -devel list, after all.  I probably should have
assumed that in addition to being able to make a decision about what to
install on their system and from where, members of this list would know they
could potentially use rawhide builds on a non-rawhide install.

I will grant you that back (f11? f10?) before 3.5 hit, grabbing it from
rawhide would drag in a giant quagmire.  But it's pretty easy to hit 'n'
when yum asks if you want to update half your system.

I'm sure Remi's a helpful and trustworthy guy, but I trust a build out of
the fedora buildsystem proper more.

--wes