Bodhi 0.7.5 release

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jul 1 04:52:55 UTC 2010

Tom Lane wrote:
> The right way to go about this is to ramp up proventester manpower
> first before making it a required gating factor.

+1

Why was this implemented BEFORE proventester requests were approved? If we
don't even have the "mentoring" process defined, then that should have
happened before enabling proventester.

And why does somebody like Rex Dieter need "mentoring" to get into
proventesters at all? He has been doing rel-eng work including approval of
freeze overrides for years. I'm sure several of the other early applicants
are also people which should be just trusted and added instead of waiting
for a vaporware process.

        Kevin Kofler