rebuild of wxGTK without the internal crash handler in Rawhide

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Thu Jul 1 12:40:29 UTC 2010

Hello,

I will rebuild wxGTK without the internal crash handler for the the
devel/F14 branch so we can use ABRT to report crashes from wxGTK-based
apps. This will mean a rebuild of wxGTK with --disable-catch_segvs and
this change affects all applications linked with wxGTK, because one
symbol is removed from the "base" library. I will take care of
rebuilding the packages in the next days, but the package owners should
still check what is their implementation of the
wxApp::OnFatalExpection() virtual method doing, because it will not be
called anymore. Usually it is used to display the wxGTK-based crash
report. Please let me know if you want to rebuild the package yourself
or if you have some questions.

This is the list of packages that have wxGTK-devel as BuildRequires:

DivFix++
LuxRender
OpenSceneGraph
audacity
bacula
boinc-client
codeblocks
crystalspace
erlang
extrema
fbg
filezilla
fityk
flamerobin
freedink-dfarc
gdl
glest
gnuplot
gspiceui
hugin
iaxclient
kicad
mathgl
mkvtoolnix
mrpt
multiget
nightview
panoglview
perl-Alien-wxWidgets (doesn't look to link with library?)
perl-Wx
pgadmin3
plee-the-bear
plplot