Seeking new maintainer for iasl

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Thu Jul 1 13:54:01 UTC 2010

On 07/01/2010 06:36 AM, Till Maas wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 11:52:29AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 12:49:27PM +0200, Till Maas wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> a long time ago I packaged iasl, because it is a BR for VirtualBox. I
>>> even received once a bug report for it, because someone used it for
>>> something else which did not work. Since I do not know what to do with
>>> it and I am not involved in packaging VirtualBox anymore, the package
>>> might be better off with someone who knows more about it, because there
>>> are still new releases made for it afaics.
>>>
>>> So if someone uses this package, please tell me and I will orphan it:
>>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/iasl
>>>
>> It is a BuildRequires for KVM/QEMU still.
>>
> I never knew that, but I just checked and this stopped after F10 for kvm
> and F11 for qemu.
>
> Regards
> Till

repoquery --repoid=rawhide-source --archlist=src --whatrequires iasl
returns nothing.  It looks like we may not need it for anything else,
though it may have value to developers for other things.

If you don't want to maintain it, I can packagemonkey it and keep it up
to date, unless someone with more use for it or knowledge of it steps up.

-J

--
- in your fear, speak only peace
   in your fear, seek only love