How to lure me to updates-testing

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 1 14:52:24 UTC 2010

> On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 16:44 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> > Nathanael Noblet wrote:
> > > I presume a fedora account with certs are required for this?
> >
> > Yes, but for your karma to have any merit, you need a Fedora account.
> > Non-Fedora account karma does not count.
> >
> > I agree a GUI would be nice for all of this, and I would be willing to
> > create one, but time has been an issue lately.
>
> If we're in pony mode, sure, this is a pony I would also like to see. :)
> Although I think perhaps it would be best to integrate the functions
> into PackageKit (perhaps as an optional extension package) than to write
> an entirely new tool.

This would make more sense if PK was a fedora-tool - but PK is targeted
to be cross-distro - and integrating bodhi-reporting would not be
cross-distro.

So, if you want to make this work we'll need someway to plugin AROUND
PK.

Might be worth having some time with Richard to discuss how that should
happen.

-sv