Bodhi 0.7.5 release

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jul 1 15:14:40 UTC 2010

> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > ...or convince enough others of your position that they will vote for
> > the candidates you favour in our leadership elections. Since there've
> > been several of these since you first stated you don't approve of
> > Fedora's leadership, it seems the electorate doesn't agree with you...
>
> No. It means there haven't been enough such candidates. People did vote for
> me. But alone against 8 people who didn't agree with me, I wasn't able to
> achieve anything.

I voted for you, but given how you behaved when actually a member of
FESCo, I kind of came to regret it. I think your assessment is not
entirely correct. It wasn't because (or not entirely because) it was You
Versus 8, but because of how you conducted yourself in meetings and
discussions. Essentially, you were a large part of *making* it You
Versus 8, rather than nine people with various different opinions but
also some broad common ground.

This time I again made a point of voting for people who are not in 'the
cabal' (which doesn't exist, of course), but tried to pick ones who I
thought would work in productive and co-operative ways within FESCo.

> If you give people ballots with only Evil Dictator on them, of course Evil
> Dictator will win. It doesn't say anything about the electorate.

I realize you're just drawing a rather shaky analogy and not suggesting
the other FESCo candidates were Evil Dictators, but even still, I don't
think this is an appropriate illustration of the process.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey