Bodhi 0.7.5 release

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Thu Jul 1 19:50:31 UTC 2010

On 07/01/2010 03:38 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 18:38:03 -0400
> Tom Lane<tgl at redhat.com>  wrote:
>
>> I see that libtiff.fc13 and libpng.fc13 are now showing "critical path
>> approved", for which I thank those who did the work.
>
> Thanks. ;)
>
>>   I remain a bit
>> unclear about a couple of things:
>>
>> 1. Bodhi is showing both packages as requested push-to-stable.  Which
>> *I* certainly didn't do, and considering they are only at +2 karma,
>> this means that the threshold for auto-push is actually lower than it
>> was before, not higher.  WTF?  Is the idea here to remove every last
>> vestige of the maintainer's judgment from the process?
>
> No. Please stop assuming everything in a negative light. ;)
>
> This looks like a bug to me... if you didn't request stable, it
> shouldn't go yet. I can talk to Luke about it, perhaps you could file a
> bodhi bug on it?

There /was/ a bug with the initial release that left a small window of
time where updates would have been auto-promoted even if karma
automatism was enabled.  This has since been resolved.

>> 2. libtiff.fc12 and libpng.fc12 are still lonely with zero karma.  Is
>> the restrictive policy in force for F-12 too?  I'm even less willing
>> to believe that we have enough testing manpower to cover both back
>> branches right away.
>
> Yes, it does appear to be there as well.
>
> I am just ramping up my f12 test machine now... but yeah, it's not
> clear that we intended this to go live for f12 too. ;(

It also wasn't clear that this was supposed to be for F13 only :(
Right now bodhi treats *all* critical path packages the same, across all
releases.

If we only want this policy to be in place for F13, then I'm sure I
could hack around it.

luke