Bodhi 0.7.5 release

Dave Airlie airlied at redhat.com
Thu Jul 1 22:28:26 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 11:48 +0200, Till Maas wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 05:23:06PM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> > >
> > > s/too lazy/too busy doing actual work/
> > > (as opposed to wasting their time with politics or bureaucracy)
> > >
> > > Have you noticed that all the people who are complaining about the policies
> > > are highly experienced packagers?
> > >
> > > And there are actually many more people disagreeing with those broken
> > > policies than the ones you notice on the ML, they just don't have the time
> > > to write mails to complain about them. (For example, rumors are that several
> > > people in the Brno RH office share my concerns.)
> >
> > but these people are still in a minority. you are living in a fallacy.
>
> How do you know who is a minority and who is not? I still wonder why

I think the fact that there is about x:1 people standing for the
board/fesco with one view vs the other. The same reasons Kevin gives for
nobody who shares his view as having motiviation for running for the
board, can just as easily be applied to everyone who doesn't share his
view. As one of the people who is too "busy doing actual work" to run
for the board I see my views reflected by the x members of the
board/fesco as opposed to the one. So it probably stacks up like a the
majority of people don't care, the next sizeable minority agree with the
decision, and the final group disagree and make most noise, and hence
seem to imply they are largest.

Dave.