concept of package "ownership"

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Jul 2 04:20:30 UTC 2010

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 08:16:35 +1000
Dave Airlie <airlied at redhat.com> wrote:

> So I've noticed maintainers of packages in Fedora seem to have a
> concept of ownership, and I'm wondering if we could remove that word
> from usage about maintainership.

...snip...

I agree. I think 'stewards' or 'guardian' or something might be better,
but those don't quite work either. ;(

The packages I steward for Fedora (with a few exceptions of things I
should orphan or the like) I use and enjoy using, and wish to make sure
they are in good shape for others to use and enjoy too. I think it's
always been the case that something you use and enjoy and want other
people to use and enjoy ends up handled much better than something you
"own" for other reasons.

kevin