who is Petr Pisar from redhat ?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Jul 2 06:08:23 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 21:09 +0200, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

> I would appreciate if someone else who is NEITHER a co-maintainer NOR
> FESCo member don't version bump my packages, without notifying me.
>
> Petr Pisar seems to mess with my packages.
>
> It's simply disgusting !!

You haven't provided enough information. What's _wrong_ with helping out
by packaging the latest version (I assume that's what he did?) Did he do
it only for rawhide, or also with updates for F-13 etc.? Was there a
good reason to upgrade? Are there open bugs which are fixed by the old
version? Was there a good reason _not_ to upgrade?

I see no fundamental reason why a Fedora packager shouldn't update a
Fedora package; without any further information my first inclination is
to think that you're being far too precious.

--
dwmw2