concept of package "ownership"

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 13:45:54 UTC 2010

 On 07/02/2010 06:46 PM, Patrice Dumas wrote:

> In the past we proposed a policy for that kind of issues with Rahul,
> but it was never approved (nor really considered).
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram/CollectiveMaintenance

I had forgotten about this but since becoming provenpackager I have
helped out in simple rebuilds or even version bumps on occasions and
have gotten positive feedback.   The written policy is rather rigid but
people tend to be more flexible about others helping out in effect.   We
should generally assume goodwill and not try to mandate common sense via
minute policies.

Rahul