concept of package "ownership"

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Jul 2 14:07:57 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 07:29:33PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > You mean that you didn't only send a patch but you did commit
> > version bumps without prior communication with the maintainer
> > or with a maintainer not responding to your offer to do a
> > version bump?
>
> I offered to do versions bumps and uniformly got a positive response.
> In some cases,  I filed a patch in bugzilla.

Ok, this policy was for the other case, a case when the maintainer
does not respond. I am not saying that it happens a lot, but it
happened in the past, and the syslog-ng case exposed in the thread is
another recent case. Maybe a policy is not needed and a case by
case handling by escalation to FESCo is enough, though. In my
days as a Fedora contributor, however, this issue was annoying
enough that I proposed the policy, maybe things have changed
now.

--
Pat