who is Petr Pisar from redhat ?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 16:00:33 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 09:53:00AM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 07/02/2010 09:37 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >   On 07/02/2010 12:57 PM, Josephine Tannhäuser wrote:
> >> It's seems to me that you have to be an employee of red hat to get the
> >> privilegue to deal arbitrarily with all packages.
> >
> > Incorrect.  Anyone in the provenpackagers group has access to almost all
> > packages.
>
> The Petr's are apparent newbies/newcomers.
>
> They were granted access to all perl-packages, because they are @RH.
> Probably because it is their paid job to work on these packages.

Ralf, you need to stop repeating this particular line when I have repeatedly
told you that working for Red Hat is not the rationale.  The rationale is
that a Fedora packager made a request that the packages which the perl-sig
was on allow two other packagers to commit to them.  Under the mistaken
impression that there was a perl-sig that could decide that sort of issue,
I had the ticket CC'd to the perl-sig's mailing list for objections.
The ticket received one okay and zero don't do it's so after a week I went
ahead and made the change.

If the person being added had been you in the request, I would have done so
as well.  Now that I know that there really isn't an actual perl-sig that is
capable of yaying or naying this sort of change I wouldn't do it again.

Since the last FESCo meeting we also have criteria for judging who needs to
approve a mass acl change that's quite simple: Owners and approveacls holders
do this.  If the owner/approveacl holder does not (through lack of response,
largeness of the update, etc) then the decision to authorize goes to FESCo.

-Toshio