concept of package "ownership"

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jul 3 13:33:00 UTC 2010

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Ridiculous. :( The way you've phrased it doesn't meet the "be excellent"
> guidelines IMO. There is nothing "completely unacceptable" or "against
> Fedora's objectives" with skipping certain upstream releases. And I hope
> that nobody will become "more aggressive" or try to force me (or other
> packagers) to upgrade packages. I don't want anyone among the Fedora
> contributors to be "aggressive" in any way when talking to me or when
> trying to make me do something.

I didn't mean to say that we should be aggressive towards some person, just
that we should "aggressively", i.e. proactively, quickly, routinely,
systematically, frequently etc., update packages to new upstream versions
because that's part of the Fedora Objectives.

Rawhide should always have the latest upstream release unless there's a
strong reason why a particular release needs to be skipped (i.e. it's
broken, it contains illegal stuff or something like that).

        Kevin Kofler