ember, xmllint and error propagation in F-13 vs F-14?

Michel Alexandre Salim michael.silvanus at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 14:52:27 UTC 2010

I just fixed an ImplicitDSOLinking FTBFS for ember, but noticed that
it's still not building in Rawhide due to xmllint validation errors in
%check. The odd thing is, up to F-13 the same checks fail, but for
some reason the failure does not generate an error number that is
propagated back to rpm, and the build succeeded.

Anyone has any idea why this happens?

ember package owners, I'll leave it up to you to either disable %check
or to update Rawhide to the latest 0.5.8 (for which a bug is already
opened)

Fedora 13 build (succeeds, though %check should have failed):

Rawhide build (correctly failing):

Thanks,

--
Michel