Non-responsive maintainer fast track procedure for libsndfile

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 23:05:57 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm initiating a fast track procedure for libsndfile -- a security bug
> has been reported for over a year, and there has been no response from
> maintainer

We made many attempts to reach him last year. See:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-November/msg00102.html

I asked for comaintainership on Fedora branches about 10 months ago,
and didn't hear back until now. My request is still open.

I ended up updating the Fedora packages, and hence closing the
security bugs with my proven powers. I didn't touch the EPEL package
since
1- I don't even know if the force is strong enough with my proven
powers in the EPEL arena.
2- I am basically not much interested in EPEL.

Orcan