Non responsive maintainer: cheese ?

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Jul 6 09:02:37 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 10:51:37AM +0200, josef radinger wrote:
> sorry for being offline. had some longer trouble in real life and am now
> wading through lots of mails which piled up since some weeks.

Welcome back.

> what is the correct way for being unavailable?
> is a vacation message ok, or would we spam our mailinglists?
> as far as i remember vacation would leave mails from vacation-lists
> alone, though.

If you are unavailable for a long time (e.g. longer than two weeks) it
is imho best to announce it on the mailing list. Also if there are
unhandled issues, it is better to ask for help here even on a shorter
vacation. Also there is a wiki page to document absence:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Vacation

Regards
Till