CVS connection time-outs

Patrick MONNERAT pm at datasphere.ch
Tue Jul 6 10:20:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 11:57 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> FWIW, I had no problem cvs-importing a 16Mb glibc srpm about an hour
> ago (from within the M-net network).

The problems I get (from Switzerland) seem to be connection-related
rather than data amount-related. I don't know how many times your glibc
srpm upload invokes the cvs command; my srpm has 5 sources and 13
patches. Once the connection is established, the command succeeds (may
be because the files are small ?).

I've finally succeeded in my srpm upload by reissuing manually the
failed "cvs add" from another terminal during the script pause. I also
had to manually "make tag" after script exit, because the cvs tagging
command failed. I have to say the cvs-import.sh idea is great, but the
script is not fault-tolerant at all: there is now way to restart it
where it failed because the temporary directory is purged away at script
exit.

Thanks for your info.