Make pkgdb grant co-maintainer status automatically? (was Re: Non-responsive maintainer fast track procedure for libsndfile)

Thomas Spura tomspur at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 6 11:26:21 UTC 2010

Am Tue, 6 Jul 2010 10:57:06 +0100
schrieb "Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com>:

> On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 10:32:06AM +0200, Sven Lankes wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 09:21:29AM +1000, Chris Jones wrote:
> >
> > > This seems to be happening a lot lately regarding maintainers
> > > and/or co-maintainers losing interest in their projects somewhere
> > > along the line and just stopping development without any warning
> > > and notification to other members who may be interested.
> >
> > Maybe we could tweak the pkgdb in a way that a co-maintainer request
> > would automatically be granted if it isn't answered within a long
> > enough timeframe (say 8 weeks).
>
> +1, good idea.

If this is implemented, the 'next' co-maintainer should become the real
maintainer after another 8 weeks non-commiting by the former maintainer.

For me it doesn't make much sense to be co-maintainer everywhere, but
actually:
	1. doing all the tasks alone.
	2. when there is a problem with the package, other contact at
	first the maintainer, which should be the new one, too.

Maybe a button with 'take the package, when maintainer doesn't want to
keep it' and transfer, when the maintainer agrees or doesn't respond in
the 8 weeks or so?

   Thomas