Make pkgdb grant co-maintainer status automatically? (was Re: Non-responsive maintainer fast track procedure for libsndfile)

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Jul 6 13:06:37 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 01:39:43PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> I think this is another problem with pkgdb or Fedora.  Why is there a
> maintainer ("owner"?) and co-maintainers, rather than just having all
> co-maintainers be equal?

Because this ensures that there is a well defined person who is responsible
for the package, and has the last word (with the usual procedure when people
disagree with the maintainer).

It doesn't prevent from having, in practice, equal maintainers when it
comes to maintaining the package. This was the case for some packages I
co-maintained, for example netcdf related packages, where all the
co-maintainers were more or less equal in practice.

--
Pat