Plan for tomorrow's FESCo meeting (2010-07-06 at 19:30UTC)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Jul 6 16:19:51 UTC 2010

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 18:06:55 +0200
Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 09:56:50PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
> > If you would like to add something to this agenda, you can reply to
> > this e-mail, file a new ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/fesco,
> > e-mail me directly, or bring it up at the end of the meeting, during
> > the open floor topic.
>
> Can you maybe shortly evaluate whether FESCo would not object to a
> collective maintaince SIG of interested packagers that maintainer
> together several unrelated packages?
>
> The SIG would address the suggestions, wishes and concerns that have
> been expressed in these mails for the set of packages the SIG
> maintains:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.devel/135221
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.devel/135398
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.devel/135157
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.devel/135206

We can bring it up. It would help if you guys hashed out a proposal
with a wiki page of exactly what you intend.

I would be afraid that this would lead to packages that are only rarely
poked at that would be better to just be removed from the collection,
but personally I am willing to let you guys try it out and see what
works. ;)

kevin