Make pkgdb grant co-maintainer status automatically? (was Re: Non-responsive maintainer fast track procedure for libsndfile)

Thomas Spura tomspur at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 7 10:16:08 UTC 2010

Am Wed, 07 Jul 2010 01:46:44 +0200
schrieb Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>:

> Thomas Spura wrote:
> > For me it doesn't make much sense to be co-maintainer everywhere,
> > but actually:
> > 1. doing all the tasks alone.
>
> I don't see the big problem. I'm "comaintaining" a few packages in
> that way for a while (xchat and mingw32-nsis come to my mind) and
> that just works (though I do sometimes get angry about "maintainers"
> being registered there and rarely doing anything).

It's simply annoying to fix *all* bugs of a particular package and
always need to click e.g. on 'Take it' on the assign list. But that's
not the best reason for this change...

How to you see, that a maintainer is unresponsive? The bugs are getting
fixed, all releases are getting updates, the program works, so there is
nothing to complain about on the first sign.
e.g. I *know* the package owner, I'm complaining about, doesn't even
read the bugzilla mails, but he is also not 'unresponsive' with the
criterias of the unresponsive maintainership rule, because he answers
private mails...

-> I believe, he should give his packages completely away, and become
   co-maintainer of his former packages. This way he can still help out,
   when he finds time, or simply continue ignoring bugzilla mails
   without being bothered.

To get such a button, to apply for becoming real maintainership makes
this possible and is the easiest way, because it doesn't need e.g. a
fast track procedure or anyone agreeing from fesco or anyone to change
it manually in pkgdb.

When you have another solution for this, let me hear. :)

	Thomas