gcc-4.5-RH in F14

Brandon Lozza brandon at pwnage.ca
Thu Jul 8 15:31:09 UTC 2010

A mass rebuild would be recommended as the new compiler will produce faster
code. I believe everything will benefit and it's worth looking into. For
example I noticed a significant difference on the OpenSUSE distro when GCC
was upgraded and they repackaged their software with it in their development
version 11.3. Anecdotal for sure but everything seemed faster than the build
before that change. Phoronix has also done some benchmarks with the Ubuntu
distro to determine that GCC 4.5 produces faster code (in some areas).