package review checklist

Ian Weller ian at ianweller.org
Fri Jul 9 17:32:53 UTC 2010

I got to thinking (uh oh) after reading a few threads on devel about
there being far too many review requests and not enough packagers
interested in reviews. I know that one thing that makes package reviews
bearable for me is a checklist to go through. I use this one:
  http://ianweller.fedorapeople.org/review.txt
It's a derivative of somebody else's. I forgot whose. And it hasn't been
updated since I last touched it, so there are some things that can fall
through this checklist that are recent guidelines.

I know a lot of others also have their own checklists, but I don't know
if it's regularly updated.

Should someone write up a draft for an official package review
checklist, and have FPC update it when guidelines change? (I guess by
writing this email I just volunteered myself...)

--
Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>