merge reviews

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jul 10 17:19:45 UTC 2010

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> For each of the packages, assign its package owner(s) to the review
> ticket, let them perform the review themselves according to Fedora's
> Review Guidelines and when done, set the fedora-review flag to '?' and
> move the ticket to a final tracker. In other words, let the owners of
> these packages indicate that they have (re-)reviewed their own package.
>
> Fedora package maintainers must be aware of the packaging guidelines
> anyway when they touch their package spec files, and they also need
> to repeat several checks whenever they includes upgrades (e.g. checking
> for license changes or added code/libs with legal problems).

I think such a process would be generally useful, not just for merge reviews
(but also for new packages).

There must be some group of packagers who we can trust to know the packaging
guidelines (provenpackagers? sponsors?), if we can prove that we went
through the review checklist for a package, why is it a problem if it was
our own package we were reviewing?

        Kevin Kofler