Booting from SCSI CDROM

Emilio Fernandes emiliosf at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 17:50:49 UTC 2010

Hi all again...

I have a motherboard that has no entries IDEs only sata.
When I try to install fedora 8 on this machine by the cdrom, the instalation
process started normally but when will it start anaconda does not find the
cdrom:/ks8.cfg. The cdrom is sata. I tried to pass multiple arguments to the
kernel, such as hda=none, hda=noprobe, ide0=noprobe, ide=nodma,
max_scsi_luns=1 among other attempts but all failed, I wonder if anyone
knows some other parameters to the kernel I can help.
The fedora 8 cd's with the vmlinuz and initrd.img of kernel 2.6.23.