Bug 531464 - why the WONTFIX?

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 13:37:28 UTC 2010

2010/7/11 Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>:
> Matt McCutchen wrote:
>> If you're suggesting that an upstream bug report is information needed
>> to understand a Fedora bug, that's absurd.  It's a step taken to resolve
>> the bug.  Would you mark a bug INSUFFICIENT_DATA because the reporter
>> didn't provide a patch?
>
> Providing a patch is actually hard. Reporting a bug in the upstream bug
> tracker is just a matter of filling out the form, if the reporter refuses to
> do that, it's only pure laziness.

well thing is... if you are constantly reporting bugs vs stuff we have
in it is not possible to maintain like a 1000 upstream bugzilla
accounts. thats why there is a maintainer that in the best case works
close with upstream anyways and has more insight on what happens with
the project. just my personal point of view.

kind regards,
rudolf kastl