Bug 531464 - why the WONTFIX?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 17:59:31 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Mathieu Bridon
<bochecha at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 07/11/2010 03:17 PM, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
>> The signal-to-noise ratio in Bugzilla has definitely dropped since
>> ABRT is introduced. Newer versions do require some text to be inserted
>> before it will submit the bug report, but perhaps it has to be
>> modified further to require a minimum length and/or number of lines?
>> Otherwise users will just say "Start the program" or something
>> similar.
>
> "Start the program" could a perfectly valid method of reproducing the
> crash in 100% of the cases for the user.

Most of the crashes that have happened with me have been:

Was working on other things.. saw that ABRT had caught a crash. Went
and found program dead. Do I know how to reproduce it? Uhm go do
soemthing else and let program crash itself?

But enough data was usually in the trace for the developer to say
"oooooh look at that its a double free if you let it idle." or
something like that. Versus older bug reports which would say "X keeps
crashing."

> --
> Mathieu
>
> --