Bug 531464 - why the WONTFIX?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Jul 12 07:43:27 UTC 2010

Till Maas wrote:
> The packager can also create a new testing package for the reporter to
> test, e.g. to verify that the bug is not yet fixed in a newer upstream
> release that is not in Fedora.

That's why I try to CC myself on the upstream bugs which are filed by our
reporters. But of course, if the hundreds of bug reporters actually did
forward the bugs upstream, I might no longer be able to do that. Right now,
unfortunately, most reporters don't bother, so I can still handle the
upstream correspondance with those who do.

> But the big advantage the reporter has, is that he usually can easily
> reproduce the problem (if it is reproducible). The package maintainer
> might have a hard job to do so.

Right. That's why I said that upstream wants to talk to the actual reporter.

        Kevin Kofler