wordpress needs a new (co-)maintainer

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Mon Jul 12 11:48:35 UTC 2010

After FESCO's decision that the wordpress package needs to unbundle the
included libraries nothing happened for over three months. The hope that
somebody would step up and claim wordpress in the FESCO ticket [1] did
not fulfill itself and therefore I am asking here for help or a new maintainer
for wordpress. As there have been no known security bugs I have not
updated wordpress since I opened the FESCO ticket and now wordpress
3.0 has been released. Fedora has a wordpress and wordpress-mu package
and upstream has merged both packages into one, so in addition to the
unbundling of the libraries both packages have to be merged in some
way. So if someone with lots of PHP knowledge wants to take it I would
be happy if it keeps getting maintained.

		Adrian

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/314